DIY replacement LED downlight globes
DIY replacement LED downlight globes - how to change a light globe!
Are you inspired to swap to energy saving globes in your downlights, without waiting for an electrician?
Here’s the good news – it only takes one of you to change a light globe, as it’s as simple as following the steps below.
We used: Beacon LEDlux MR16 6 watt LED globe in warm white
In a downlight with spring clips
1. Take out spring; globe should drop down on lampholder
2a. If you have a 12V downlight, hold the lampholder in one hand and pull the globe out with the other hand
2b. If you have a 240V downlight, hold the lampholder in one hand and turn the globe anti-clockwise and it should come out
3. Replace the globe, reverse of above
In a downlight with twist front face plate
1. Using two fingers against the lugs on the faceplate, turn the faceplate; it should drop out as well as the globe hanging from the lampholder
2. The globe is attached onto the faceplate with a metal clip; twist the globe out of the clip
3. Replace the globe as per instructions above
In a downlight where the face plate comes off
1. Using your fingernails, gently pry the faceplate of the downlight away from the ceiling or front of the gimble downlight
2a. If the globe drops down with the lampholder attached, remove as per instructions above
2b. If the globe is attached onto the faceplate with a metal clip, twist the globe out of the clip
3. Remove/replace the globe as per instructions above