Benefits of LED Lights
Benefits of LED lights<
All about LED. Find out more.
Benefits of LED lights
Super energy efficient and long lasting, LED lights:
- Use about 85% less energy than halogen or incandescent lights
- Use about 30% less energy than CFL lights
- Save you money on your power bills!
- Last between 15,000-50,000 hours
- Reach full brightness instantly
- Contain no mercury or lead
- Emit no UV rays or infrared radiation
- Operate at a much cooler temperature, making them a safer option than halogens
- Cut greenhouse gas emissions and reduce landfill.
Lasting significantly longer than halogens (which last 1,000-5,000 hours.) and old incandescent globes (1,000 hours approx.), LED lights can last between 15,000 - 50,000 hours, depending on the globe. Although they are more expensive to purchase initially, the significant savings you make on replacement and running costs make LEDs much more cost effective in the long run.
LED lights are about 30% more energy efficient than CFLs, another form of energy saving lighting, however the advantage of LEDs over CFLs is lifespan and instant light. CFLs are estimated to last between 8,000 - 15,000 hours, while LED lights are estimated to last between 15,000 - 50,000 hours (depending on the product).