Exterior & Bathroom Heater/Exhaust Fan Installation Service Terms & Conditions
TERMS & CONDITIONS
Beacon Lighting agrees to arrange the bathroom heater/exhaust and exterior lighting installation based on the following:
- Normal manufacturers product warranty still applies together with general consumer rights under the Competition and Consumer Act 2010. (All other warranties are excluded except for domestic building warranties prescribed in relevant legislation and warranties from the product’s manufacturer.)
- Installation will be performed by a qualified licensed electrician and may be an employee of Beacon Lighting or an independent contractor as solely determined by Beacon Lighting.
- Beacon Lighting will book the electrical contractor and advise you of the installation date and time that is suitable to you but must be during normal weekday hours.
- Installation bookings may be made outside of normal business hours or weekends by mutual agreement, however, may incur a surcharge. This will be advised at time of enquiry or booking.
- To the extent permitted by law, we limit our liability to re-supplying and re-installing, repairing or refunding your payment at our election. To the extent permitted by law we exclude liability for negligence and for indirect or consequential loss.
- If you have a complaint after installation you must provide evidence of that complaint and/or allow Beacon Lighting or its preferred contractor access to your site.
- You must have the fitting/s home with you in readiness for the installation.
- You must ensure that the product and installation service is suitable for your purpose and site. We are not liable if they are unsuitable.
- Any information you provide will be relied upon by us. You will be liable for any additional costs incurred if your representations are incorrect.
- You must ensure that the site is accessible and safe for the installer to attend and install the product.
- You must give us all relevant information about the site beforehand. You must provide the installer with access to the necessary areas and amenities as required.
- You confirm that you are the home owner or that you have authority from the home owner for the works to be undertaken. You must be at home during the installation.
- If you have a complaint after installation, you must allow us access to site to inspect and or repair.
- If existing wiring does not comply with current regulations, the installer is obligated to update to ensure it complies. Costs associated with this will be treated as a variation and signed off in advance of the work being undertaken.
- Full payment for installation is required in advance of installation at a Beacon Lighting store. Beacon Lighting will arrange for payment of the contractor, except for any variations or additional charges as incurred on site. These additional charges must be paid directly to the installer who will provide you with a tax invoice / receipt.
- Any additional costs are to be negotiated by the customer and the installing electrician.
- The installer will provide you with a Safety Certificate or other such compliance certification as is required in the relevant state.
- If the installer cannot access the site, you may be charged a call out fee of $80 plus gst. If you want to cancel before the installation, we will try to assist but you may be required to cover our cost. We will honour any agreement to vary the contract when it is provided in writing and signed by each party to this contract.
- Total cost and payment details will be set out in a tax invoice – store receipt.
- Like for like installation. All installations under this fixed price fan installation offer are conducted on a ‘like for like’ basis. This means the new fitting is able to be installed in the same location using the existing wiring / connections in place.
- For the sake of clarity, like for like replacement can include the following;Bathroom heater/exhaust installed to replace an existing bathroom heater/exhaust; Exterior light installed to an existing exterior light point.
- The installation includes disconnection of the existing product and installation of the new product. The old product and packaging will be left at the site.
- The fixed price installation offer is for installation of fitting/s only and does not include the cost of any fitting/s. The price is based on an installation location within 20km of the Beacon Lighting store of purchase.
- Locations beyond 20km and up to 50km will incur an additional $50 travel charge. Locations beyond 50km will only be accepted by negotiation on travel time.
- There may be circumstances where your new fitting can’t be installed on a like for like basis. In these situations, additional items may be required to complete the installation. Any additional works or items require the approval of the customer prior to commencement.
- Pricing and payment for any additional works should be negotiated directly between the customer and installer. Additional payment direct to the installer may be required to undertake any additional works required.
- At the completion of the installation, there may be some pre-existing issues that are visible such as drill holes, ceiling scratches and scuff marks. The repair of such issues does not fall under the like for like terms as new products can vary significantly in dimensions.
Any specialist equipment or tools required for installation, e.g. scaffolding or scissor lift, will be an additional charge and agreed to in advance by the customer.