Returns & Warranties Policy
Beacon Lighting offers a full refund or exchange for change of mind purchases within a 30-day period with proof of purchase (receipt or website order confirmation email).
Should your goods be faulty or damaged upon receipt, Beacon Lighting will offer a full refund or exchange in accordance with its obligations under the Competition and Consumer Act 2010 (Cth) (“Act”).
To the extent permitted by law, Beacon Lighting:
- limits its obligations and liability for the repair, replacement or refund of the purchase price of any goods to its obligations under the Act;
- is not liable for any contingent, consequential or punitive damages arising in way whatsoever in relation to the use of any goods; and
- is not liable for any claim, loss or expense incurred by any person resulting from the delivery, non-delivery or return of any goods.
- Products that have been installed cannot be returned for a change of mind refund/exchange.
- Products may differ from those pictured on the website due to natural variations in colour/finish and scale of the image.
You have three options for returning your goods.
1. Returns of purchases made in-store
To receive an immediate exchange or refund, you can return the goods within 30 days to any Beacon Lighting store. A refund or exchange will be made at the same value as the original purchase price. You must present a copy of your store receipt.
All goods must be returned in original packaging, in a resalable condition and have not been installed.
2. Returns of purchases made online
To receive an immediate exchange or refund, you can return the goods within 30 days to any Beacon Lighting store. A refund or exchange will be made at the same value as the original purchase price, excluding freight if you had your order home delivered. You must present a copy of your store receipt or website order confirmation email.
All goods must be returned in original packaging, in a resalable condition and not been installed.
3. Return by shipping
To arrange a refund or exchange by sending the goods back to Beacon Lighting, please email our online sales support team on firstname.lastname@example.org or call 03 8561 1599 (Mon-Fri, 9.00am-5.00pm EST).
You will need to cover the cost of the freight, and include your original receipt or website order confirmation email with your returned items. All goods must be returned in original packaging, in a resalable condition and not been installed.
Shipped returns may take up to 14 days to process, and notification will be by email.
All fittings have a minimum 12 month warranty, if installed by a qualified electrician, excluding globes. To submit your warranty claim click here.
2 year warranty on all fans:
Beacon Lighting will supply a 2 year in home warranty on all hard wired fans if installed by a qualified electrician.
2 + 1 year extended warranty on Lucci fans:
If you have your fan installed by a Beacon Lighting approved electrician (ask in store for an electrician referral), we will extend your in home warranty on the nominated Lucci fan for an extra 1 year - meaning you will receive the peace of mind of a 3 year in home warranty.
To register for your Lucci ceiling fan extended warranty click here.
LEDlux Downlights and Globes:
There is a 5 year warranty on all LEDlux downlights, and 3 year warranty on all LEDlux globes.
Please note: Products that have been installed cannot be returned for a 'change of mind' refund.
Unless a product is labelled DIY (Do-It-Yourself), all electrical work must be performed by a qualified licensed electrician.
Additional warranty information
Our goods come with guarantees that cannot be excluded under the Australian Consumer Law. You are entitled to a replacement or refund for a major failure and for compensation for any other reasonably foreseeable loss or damage. You are also entitled to have the goods repaired or replaced if the goods fail to be of acceptable quality and the failure does not amount to a major failure.
The costs associated with a claim made against these warranties (i.e. postage) are to be borne by you.
These warranties constitute the entire guarantee by Beacon Lighting. Except where otherwise provided by the Australian Consumer Law, all other obligations, warranties, both expressed and implied are excluded to the fullest extent allowed by law.
Making a Warranty Claim
- Customers can return faulty goods to any Beacon Lighting store with their receipt, within the Warranty period for repair, replacement or refund.
- Where goods (other than fans) that are faulty have been installed, a Warranty Request Form needs to be submitted to the relevant supplier of those goods. An in home warranty claim can be lodged by completing the online Warranty Request Form.
To submit your warranty claim click here.
For more information on making your warranty claim, call our Beacon Lighting warranty hotline on 1800 602 243 or email email@example.com.
Should you choose to return goods via shipping you would be responsible for the freight costs.
Distributed in Australia by Brightlife Nominees Pty Ltd ACN 005 137 217, trading as Beacon Lighting, 140 Fulton Drive Derrimut Victoria, 3030 Australia.