7 OF THE BEST BATHROOM LIGHTING HACKS
7 August 2018
It’s a common mistake that people think the bathroom should be really bright, so they end up using one single overhead light source. Unfortunately, all this does is give you a lot of glare and shadows, which makes tasks like applying makeup or shaving much more difficult. So here’s the trick to creating a bathroom that’s functional, versatile and decorative.
- Always think multiple layers of light. Combine your overhead light with wall brackets, mirror lights and pendants.
- Check your CRI (Colour Rendering Index) levels. Light sources that deliver a CRI of 80 or higher show colours similar to those that appear in natural light. This is perfect for shaving and applying makeup as it enhances skin tones and textures.
- Install downlights with a wide beam angle such as those in our Infinity range to avoid casting shadows.
- Make grooming easier and complement the vanity by installing wall lighting above or around the mirror.
- Once you’ve got your task lighting sorted, think about adding accent or decorative lighting such as a pendant or chandelier to make a design statement.
- Choose accent lighting with glass shades as they will cast more light than wooden or metal shades which tend to cast light downwards.
- Give yourself total lighting flexibility with dimmers.
As Australia’s leading lighting specialists, shop at Beacon for everything you need to create a blissful bathroom retreat.